Symbolism and Thoughts brought out by Art and Paint


By. Nyaruri Paul
     @NYARURIPAUL

Since times immemorial, art and painting has been one way of human beings expressing their sentiments, either sad or happiness. The act and style is more passed from generation to generation with many upcoming artists reinventing themselves with new artistic ideas. They express them in a nostalgic manner. Impressive they may look but the hidden meaning is much more meaningful than the significance on paints. Technology has been a major boost to them.
I got a chance to interview Mr. Edwin Odeoh. He is a Nairobi based Artist who works on various ideas that run through his mind. The following are the interview by this Blog.
Edwin Odeoh at work(Photo by Nyaruri Paul).



NP:    When did you start painting?
Odeoh: Started back in primary school. Uh huh,,,.something like 2009.
NP:  What is the best thing about painting and also the worst?


 Odeoh: The best thing is you get to surprise yourself after finishing a painting.
     Well I couldn’t say, there is a worst thing unless maybe when the clients orders a painting and then they disappear.
NP: Do you make any drawings before you start painting?
Odeoh: It depends but mostly No.  Just a small sketch to act as a guideline.
NP: Why do you consider yourself a good artist?
 Odeoh: My work is neat, clean and unique. Of course I love what I do. I love my art work consequently clients too appreciate.

Art by Edwin Odeoh ( Photo by Nyaruri Paul).

NP: How do you sell your art work and how much does your art fetch?
 Odeoh: I sell my work through online. Thanks to my wife for such an enthusiastic effort in marketing. Well we manage to pay our bills so we cannot complain as such.
NP: Future prospects in art in Kenya and your role model in the industry?
 Odeoh: Well. I just hope and wish Kenyans can embrace art and support local artists. I urge even the youth to join hands and promote artwork. Together if we join hands we will definitely succeed. I hope too that the government should consider art as a career and support talents.
NP: Role Model?
 Odeoh: My all time role models have been always Leonardo Da Vinci and Pablo Picasso.
 NP: Tell Kenyans more about yourself than an artist and what you do?
 Odeoh:  Well, I am a young hardworking, focused young Kenyan who is always passionate about his dream. I aspire to own an art gallery and support the upcoming young talents in art industry. I am a family man, married to a very beautiful wife with two young energetic boys. I also practice Agribusiness when I am not painting. I love football, diehard fan of Manchester United. I am jovial, friendly and down to earth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kenya’s Youth Poised to drive Innovation and Creativity in the Continent.

What Real Estate Company Expects from its Sales Team.